Training Methodology and Services
The Training Unit at the Continuing Education and Community Service Center (CECS) adopts a training methodology that is based on the best training practices and modern training methods: lecture, brainstorming, role-playing, work groups, exercises and work sheets, drama and simulation, case studies and practical application etc. It also depends on modern techniques and training tools (read audio and visual) where the emphasis is on practical application of the acquired experience. All training courses are designed to be vital and practical at the same time to transfer training experience and enable the trainee to apply the acquired concepts quickly and accurately. The Continuing Education and Community Service Center (CECS) also provides the appropriate training environment to ensure the effectiveness of training. The training methodology includes the following:
- Skills Assessment in order to achieve the desired goals from the training process, the CECS developed several assessment programs as follows:
- Periodic assessment for each part of the training program: This is done through tests and questions designed to assess the extent of the skills that the trainee has acquired before starting a new topic.
- Assessment Forms: Each trainee will fill out the assessment form at the end of each course or training program, so that the training coordinator can modify any deviations related to the trainer or services, if exists.
- E-learning Assessment Form: the Continuing Education and Community Service Center (CECS) communicates with the trainees and the applicants of international exams at the University in order to evaluate the received training and the quality of the training services .The e-assessment form is available on the webpage of the University for the Easy Access of the trainees.
- Enhancing the experiences: The training process goes beyond abstract theoretical information, the Center has an accredited team of skilled trainers who work in the same field of the training field that they deliver. The trainers also hold international certificates in several fields: e-learning, developing electronic platforms, building network systems, programming and database languages, management and development of computerized administrative and financial systems using Oracle, Java, Microsoft and other programs operating under (Microsoft) and (Linux) systems and other administrative and developmental fields.
the Continuing Education and Community Service Center (CECS) has a team of distinguished trainers holding international certificates from specialized companies in training. The trainers are chosen from) the top graduates in their fields of specialization from Palestinian and Arab universities and within the standards adopted by the University for this purpose. The trainers are highly experienced in the field of work and they sit for practical tests. We always aspire to increase the efficiency of our team and provide them with ongoing training.
Al-Quds Open University has modern training laboratories and training rooms with the best technological infrastructure in Palestine. The laboratories are equipped with the latest computer equipment, in addition to the available facilities; projectors, supporting training tools, and air conditioning units. The CECS continuously seeks to invest in the available resources such as laboratories, internet lines and training halls to provide high quality training programs to the largest possible number of university staff, students and members of the community to enhance their skills in different areas