- People with Special Needs find their way to enhance their skills through the Center for Continuing Education
- Mobile Educational Center: A truck that carries science and hope to marginalized areas
- “Continuing Education and Community Service Center” at Al-Quds Open University provide job opportunities for Maath Saya’ra
The Universities Association for Lifelong Learning (UALL) grants (CEC) an International Award for the best educational projectUniversities Association for Lifelong Learning (UALL) granted The Center for Continuing Education and Community Service (CEC) at Al Quds Open University an award for the best innovative educational project “Mobile Learning Center for Improving Educational Opportunities in the Marginal Areas of Southern Hebron and the Palestinian Valley” which is implemented by the Center and funded by Community Resilience and Development Program (CRDP) in (C) areas And East Jerusalem led by the Palestinian Government and administered by the United Nations Development Program / Program of Assistance to the Palestinian People and funded by the Governments of Sweden, Austria and Norway.
|No.||Project Title||Starting date||End date||Funded by:||Partners||Beneficiary||Out put|
|Public Awareness Campaign II. Land Administration Project- Dura||1/1/2013||31/10/2014||
World Bank and
Government of Finland
|Palestinian Land Authority||Dura||
More than 500 residents in Dura were made aware of the importance of land registration with the Palestinian Authority
|Online Learning platform for the Ministry of Health||01/09/2014||31/09/2015||
|IntraHealth||Ministry of Health||
– E-learning portal was designed for the Ministry of Health using MOODLE
– More than 30 employees of the Ministry of Health were trained on using and managing the e-learning portal
English Language Learning Project
For police officers using MOODLE
|1/7/2014||1/3/2015||UNOPS||Palestinian Police||– Specialized staff in the Palestinian Police Force received training on designing and developing e-learning programs using MOODLE|
|ICDL Training for UNRWA staff||1/8/2014||1/12/2014||
|UNRWA staff||– More than 1,500 of (UNRWA) staff were trained and their computer skills were enhanced through ICDL program.|
|English Language Summer Camps (ESC)||30/9/2013||29/9/2014||American consulate -Jerusalem||Ministry of Education and Higher Education||School students and QOU students||
– 15 faculty members at the English Language Department at QOU were trained on how to prepare training programs in English.
– Three English language summer Camps were implemented in three marginalized areas in the West Bank, distributed in the north, south and center, and the development of the English skills of more than 150 high school students and first year university students
– 100 students from Al-Quds Open University participated in the summer camp
– -The skills of 100 students in English language were enhanced
Mobile learning center to improve learning opportunities in marginalized areas in southern areas of Hebron
through Community Resilience and Development Program
Yatta and Al Samou’ municipalities , the Joint Services Council , Yatta Women Society, Ministry of Higher Education , Bethlehem University, Palestine Polytechnic University, Palestine Technical college , Al Aroub
Targeted school teachers
– A mobile educational center equipped with 20 computers, a mobile library, internet and educational facilities were established
– 175 women and 76 men were targeted through their participation in training courses and awareness activities at the Mobile Learning Center
– Targeting 7 marginalized schools in Area C in Masafer Yatta and Al-Samou ‘(southern part of Hebron
– Improving the academic level of 786 male students and 808 female students in 7 schools in the southern part of Hebron.
Action Research for E-learning Intervention in Palestinian Schools
||1/6/2013||10/9/2014||Belgian Development Agency (BTC)||Cyprus Open University||Ministry of Education||Evaluated the innovative learning practices as output of using learning objects, mobile learning, and piloting new ICT tools in the Palestinian education System.|
Virtual Reality as an Innovative and Immersive Learning Tools for HEIs in Palestine / Tesla
· Al-Istqlal University
· Palestine Polytechnic University
· Arab American University
· Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (SUA)
· University of Patras (UPAT)
· University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest (UPB)
|Higher Education Intuitions in Palestine||
· Involving Palestinian HEI’s in Research Movement related to Virtual Reality in Europe.
· Encourage Palestinian researchers and academics to have an interest to topics related to Ergonomics, Cognitive Psychology, and Human Impact.
· Reduce cost of material related to experimentation and mobility issues.
· Reduce risks by offering simulated controlled environment and immersive learning experience.
· Involving Palestinian 3D Modellers and Programmers into the VR development process
The accomplishments of Continuing Education and Community Service Center (CEC) in specialized professional diplomas
To continue the journey of QOU in serving our homeland and its people, the University provides a number of specialized professional diplomas accredited by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in various fields. The main objective of these diplomas is to develop human cadres at both individual and institutional level, and to enhance the level of practical performance through modern and high quality specifications. The Center for Continuing Education has taken upon itself, through introducing these diplomas, the mission of enhancing the culture of professional education that is based on training and practical performance in the application of the presented topics and focus on providing participants with skills on how to benefit from each topic and apply it on the ground or through case studies.
The accomplishments of the Center for Continuing Education are represented also by the number from beneficiaries of these diplomas from the north to the south and to Gaza Strip. The following table shows the numbers from 2014 to 2016:
|Diploma||Branch||No. of participants|
|Open learning and e-learning||All Branches||30|
|Modern secretary and Office management||Jenin||70|
|Total number of beneficiaries||211|